Search This Blog

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Garlic Butter

I can't recommend this enough. Since it's just the two of us, I halve almost everything so it doesn't go to waste. Since this combines two of my favorite things, however, I decided to make a lot, rationalizing that I'd find plenty to use it in later. I was RIGHT.

Substitute margarine if you prefer, but, as in most cases, I personally would rather have a few nibbles of the good stuff than a bowlful of the fake stuff. Put this in mashed and baked potatoes, substitute it for regular butter in cooking, use it to make garlic bread, spread over pizza crust, use to sauté spinach... the possibilities are endless.

-2 stick butter, softened
-1 T. minced garlic
-1/2 T. garlic salt
-1/2 T. garlic powder
-1 tsp. Italian seasoning
-1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Mix all ingredients together until smooth. Shape into two sticks and roll each in waxed paper. Store in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment