Search This Blog

Monday, February 7, 2011

Slow-Cooker Pork & Chicken With Peanut Sauce

Been taking it a little too easily lately, but finally made something tonight worth sharing! I am forever indebted to the friend who referred me to Crockpot365. Stephanie spent an entire year using her slow-cooker every day, and there are countless amazing recipes on her blog. Not only did I have no clue regarding the extent of what you can make in a Crock-Pot, but I also learned they cost about 2 cents an hour to run. That alone is fantastic, not to mention the extra time, flavor, and ease. There are a lot of recipes I want to try from Crockpot365, but so far I've just made one (and it's awesome! I definitely recommend checking out her blog). I changed it a bit, as I tend to do...


  • Cubed chicken (I cubed a boneless skinless chicken breast and a boneless pork chop, but you can use either. Chicken thighs are actually better for the Crock-pot, but I didn't have any problems with the chicken drying out)
  • Chopped onion (I used about half of one)
  • 1/2 T. ground cumin (use more if you like)
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 2-3 T. lime juice
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • couple shakes of red pepper flakes (optional)
Put everything in the Crock-Pot and stir together as best you can. Don't worry about clumps. I cooked this on high about 4 hours, or you can cook it on low 6-8 hours. I was inspired at the last minute to throw in some frozen broccoli florets and was glad I did, as I didn't have the bell pepper the original recipe called for. I served this over rice noodles, but you could also serve it over rice.

not the best picture, but omg I was hungry.

Original Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment